Thursday, July 8, 2010

Making a Slide Show is as Easy as 1-2-3




I just finished my slide show presentation of all my first digital prints using Picasion. I was surprised to find how easy this program was to use. After learning how to take screenshots with the help of my peers through the Teacher's Lounge, I was able to create JPEG files from the images and then attach these files into the Picasion website. Afterward, I simply pressed "Create Animation" and my slide show appeared on my screen in seconds! This is definitely a program I will use in the future to make slide shows with my pictures!


I am really proud of each of the different wep pages that are incorporated into my Picasion slide show. I just became a new member to Twitter and I am slowly learning about all of the educational benefits that it has. My individual and group wikis are still a work in progress. Wikis are new to me this semester and I am still trying to work out the kinks with using them. I look forward to seeing what my wikis will look like by the end of the semester! I decided to add my Facebook page to the slide show as well, because it is an example of yet another social networking site that is popular with students today. My favorite digital image, however is of my blog. I have truly enjoyed my first blogging experience with Literacy and Technology, and I look forward to more blogging in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Kayleigh,

    Very nice. I'm working on mine and I am stumped. How do I save a screenshot as a jpeg? I don't have Microsft Paint.
    Thanks,
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure how to do it without the Paint program. It is possible that you could find it under your "Save As" options when you save it to a document. If it doesn't work, I would post your question on the Teacher's Lounge page. Hope you get it figured out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete